Talks and Papers on
Design & Business
Design is the process of changing existing situations
into preferred ones
-Herbert Simon (Nobel laureate)
Of the many hundred definitions of what design is, this one by Herbert Simon is the one that I relate the most with. It instantly applies to many different fields or domains that we assume to be purely analytical and non-creative. Whereas on closer look, you will notice the numerous ways in which design impacts everything that is human. When time and opportunity presents I talk about some of my lived experiences of design impacting business and how it could co-exist rather than compete. Here is a select list of my past talks.
• Ways in which we grew our business through design - Stories from Greenopia
Talk in Polygonal Talk Series #3, an online podcast organised by NID alumni association
• Making Decisions - Design, Tech & Business
2-day Session at National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
• Designing for Play
Talk at Salon Voltaire, Toronto Art & Design Center, Canada
• Design with small “d”
Guest talk at National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad, along with Mayukhini Pande.
• Metaphors we design by.
Talk at Jaaga Startup, Bangalore
• Panelist : Bootstrapping Green Ventures
BeFantastic - Conclave of tech and design, Rangoli Art center, Bangalore
• Design “Doing”. Period.
Talk at Maxus Media Agency, Singapore.
• Alternate Modernity - A relook at what we perceive as modern
Talk at ‘The Goa Project’ 2015, Goa, India
Papers published in Human Computer Interaction (HCI)
• ACM Intelligent User Interface Conference 2015 @ Israel
Published & presented Wearable audio journal - design & development process.
One of the five projects sponsored by ACM to present in Israel.
• Tangible User Interface Conference 2014 @ Spain, Barcelona
Published ACM poster: Design for wearability
• Asia Pacific Human Computer Interaction (APCHI 2014) @ Bangalore
Paper on designing emotive wearables.